* September 19, 2018, 08:41:51 AM
Register Login
News: Visit our video chat room and hang out with cool people!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author *Topic: The Real Reason You're Circumcised  (Read 11051 times)
A_Yarndd
Orgasmanic Dude
Male
Orientation: Curious
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 07:36:50 AM »

its actually quite difficult to get children circumcised in australia these days, there are only a few GPs who will still do it.
Skeptix
Orgasmanic Dude
Cock size: 6.5
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2015, 11:24:59 PM »

While I think uncircumsized dicks look pointy and weird and I worry about them being stinky and gross, I can't help but be fascinated by them and wouldn't mind trying one out for a bit.
Mani
Administrator
Orientation: Straight
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »

While I think uncircumsized dicks look pointy and weird and I worry about them being stinky and gross

That is societal conditioning, not thinking. E.g. what you grew up with, what you are used to, erroneous things you were taught, whether explicitly or via social cues. If you'd grown up in a society where uncircumsized dicks were the norm, you'd "think" they looked weird, and would have some sort of unsubstantiated beliefs about them as well. So, continue to cultivate an open mind!
charles36
Orgasmanic Dude
Cock size: No longer in use!
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2016, 04:00:54 AM »

I was at least a couple of years old when I was circumcised.  Apparently the opening in my foreskin was too small to allow it to be pulled back for cleaning.

I do not remember anything of the operation. What I do remember is that my mother had to apply a powder (I presume it was Sulfa) a few times a day. A treatment that I enjoyed. Even at that tender age I seemed to have nearly constant erections.

It seems the doctor removed a very minimal amount of tissue as my glans was still covered except with a full blown erection. I never felt that I had lost any sensation.
BootyWatcher
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2016, 07:04:51 PM »

Just clean it. I peal my foreskin back and clean it every time I am in the shower.  There are probably some lotions you can use to help with that. Research does wonders.
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2016, 05:14:46 PM »

I just came across this EXCELLENT article:

One Woman, One Cause Marilyn Milos and NOCIRC

It is an interview with Marilyn Milos, founder of NOCIRC (National Organization of Circumcision Information Resource Centers). The interview was conducted by Dr. Cat Saunders, who is well known here in Seattle.

To see part of a baby's penis being cut offŚwithout anesthesiaŚwas shocking. Even more shocking was the doctor's comment, barely audible under the piercing screams of the infant: "There's no medical reason for doing this." ~Marilyn Milos
UncutMike91
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 04:11:33 AM »

While I think uncircumsized dicks look pointy and weird and I worry about them being stinky and gross, I can't help but be fascinated by them and wouldn't mind trying one out for a bit.

They're not stinky and gross, I promise  Grin! You can ask my girl friend if you don't believe me!  Cheesy
edtungsten5858
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2016, 11:11:00 PM »

Circumcision is a divisive issue? I haven't noticed that, in the US at least, it seems to be part of the status quo that few people seriously question. But it needs to be questioned, and maybe even become a divisive issue, as long as it remains a standard procedure.

Boys and girls alike
An un-consenting child, an unnecessary, invasive surgery: is there any moral difference between male and female circumcision?

(Spoiler: the answer is NO!)

You are incorrect.  Female circumcision in third world countries or in some religions is NOT a circumcision, but in fact is crude clitorectomy performed by non medical amateurs with the intent of denying females sexual pleasure.

My two cents... Male circumcision is a cosmetic procedure.  I am very happy to have received a circumcision as an infant AND if I had two months of down time I would get a revision to remove all remaining traces of my foreskin.  At my age, I wish I had had the revision when I was a young man.  In my opinion, a flacid penis with a prominent coronal ridge (zero foreskin) is profoundly handsome.
kk_621
Orgasmanic Dude
Male
Cock size: 6 inches, 5 inches around
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 02:13:15 PM »

Circumcision is a divisive issue? I haven't noticed that, in the US at least, it seems to be part of the status quo that few people seriously question. But it needs to be questioned, and maybe even become a divisive issue, as long as it remains a standard procedure.

Boys and girls alike
An un-consenting child, an unnecessary, invasive surgery: is there any moral difference between male and female circumcision?

You are incorrect.  Female circumcision in third world countries or in some religions is NOT a circumcision, but in fact is crude clitorectomy performed by non medical amateurs with the intent of denying females sexual pleasure.

My two cents... Male circumcision is a cosmetic procedure.  I am very happy to have received a circumcision as an infant AND if I had two months of down time I would get a revision to remove all remaining traces of my foreskin.  At my age, I wish I had had the revision when I was a young man.  In my opinion, a flacid penis with a prominent coronal ridge (zero foreskin) is profoundly handsome.

Unconsenting child - we do not consult children when we vaccinate them.
Unnecessary - that depends on your religious beliefs or cultural norms.
Invasive surgery - can't think of a less invasive procedure to a newborn, comparable to removing a cuticle.

For the record, I am neutral on circumcision, but the rhetoric in this thread is more heat than light on the subject. I would disagree that it is a cosmetic procedure. Ancient pharaonic families practiced it as a mark of distinction. The practice was discouraged by the Greeks and Romans, but kept alive by the Jews as an act of devotion. Discarded by Christendom, it was resumed under Islam and is a rite of passage for many Pacific Islanders and African tribes. The medical community has shown statistical evidence between rates of STDs and rates of circumcision. If you keep your foreskin well clean, my hat's off to you gents - but many men don't take such care.
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2016, 03:04:15 PM »

Unconsenting child - we do not consult children when we vaccinate them.
Unnecessary - that depends on your religious beliefs or cultural norms.
Invasive surgery - can't think of a less invasive procedure to a newborn, comparable to removing a cuticle.

For the record, I am neutral on circumcision, but the rhetoric in this thread is more heat than light on the subject.

There is lots more posted in this thread than "rhetoric". Try reading it through it and you might learn something other than your already preconceived opinions, for instance that the procedure is far more invasive than removing a cuticle, and very painful as well. I direct you to this post in particular:  http://www.orgasmanic.com/index.php?topic=5594.msg75769#msg75769

As for the procedure being done based on religious or cultural norms, those do not the form the basis of necessity for a medical procedure. Modern medicine is scientifically based (based on evidence, ALL the evidence, not just selected bits) -- not based on superstitions and outmoded beliefs that come in and out of fashion. There are valid and compelling medical reasons for certain vaccinations (such as rubella), but the evidence in favor of circumcision is essentially nil and what little there (reduction of HIV transmission in disadvantaged countries) can be accomplished by more direct methods - education and improvement in standard of medical care and living for those countries.
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2016, 03:21:33 PM »

Boys and girls alike

Oh, so all infant males should receive a very painful "merely cosmetic procedure" as a matter of course? How does that make any sense?

But the fact is, male circumcision is NOT merely cosmetic.  Male circumcision IS very painful, IS performed without anaesthetic, and DOES caused nerve damage and other physical abnormalities in significant percentages of men.

This is to take nothing away from the horror of female circumcision, which is even more abhorrent.
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2016, 03:25:40 PM »

Boys and girls alike

You are incorrect. 

The only thing I was incorrect about is not realizing that circumcision is a divisive issue. Yeah, I didn't realize that. I sure gained an appreciation for it as the thread progressed.
82jofan
Orgasmanic Dude
Me
Cock size: 6
Breast size: NA
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2016, 12:27:49 PM »

I was circumcised two days after I was born because my foreskin was fused and there was no outlet for my urine.  I have never had any regrets about having had this operation and none of my sexual partners have ever complained.  I have had no feelings of lost sensation and, even at 81, manage to masturbate quite handily to very satisfying orgasms.
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2016, 12:18:19 AM »

I was circumcised two days after I was born because my foreskin was fused and there was no outlet for my urine.  I have never had any regrets about having had this operation and none of my sexual partners have ever complained.  I have had no feelings of lost sensation and, even at 81, manage to masturbate quite handily to very satisfying orgasms.

I'm glad it worked out for you. There are valid medical conditions for which circumcision is indicated. This should be determined on a case-by-case basis, because the majority of males do not have these conditions.

As a related point of interest, current medicine considers phimosis (fused foreskin) a normal condition unless it continues past puberty (because the non-retractile foreskin usually becomes retractile during puberty). Also, there is now a non-surgical procedure involving application of a topical steroidal cream and stretching the foreskin twice a day for 6 weeks. This procedure permanently resolves the condition in 86% of patients.
Jonnynopants
Orgasmanic Dude
Cock size: Average
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2018, 03:19:05 AM »

I was circumcised as baby for medical reasons. That's all I know and all I need to know really. So I've spent my life circumcised and never know what it's like having a foreskin. The old saying you don't miss what you've never had sort of fits  Shocked  Anyway not an interesting read by any stretch but that's why I'm circumcised.

cheers

jonny
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

©Orgasmanic 2018. All rights reserved.