* August 19, 2017, 04:24:32 PM
Register Login
News: Visit our video chat room and hang out with cool people!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author *Topic: Problem with Chat and Flashplayer  (Read 636 times)
Members who have posted in this topic:
Mani(4) Big84(3) PlayAngel16(1) FastEddie(1)
Big84
Orgasmanic Dude
Orientation: Straight
Cock size: 8+
« on: June 05, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »

I apologize if this question is already addressed somewhere.  I did a quick search and didn't see it, but maybe I over looked it.

The issue is Flash Player will randomly crash when I am in "O" Chat.  It just goes inactive and shuts the chat down for me.  I do not know why this occurs.  It tells me that Flash is up to date and everything when I check for updates, so perhaps it is a setting that needs to be addressed ??  I know this never happened before.  It just started in the most recent months.  It is rather annoying though.

If it helps I am on:

Mac Computer
Safari Browser
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 01:03:19 PM »

I have been hearing about this second hand but so far not from anyone that experiences it directly. So thanks for this report and now I have questions for you!

Please describe what you mean by "the chat goes inactive"?

What ends up displayed on the screen when the chat shuts down on you?

Specifically, do you see anything that states "Flash has crashed" and is there an error code or description?

What do you have to do to get logged back in?

In the meantime, a suggestion for anyone having this problem, is to try using the Chrome browser and see if that makes a difference. It is by far the most stable browser in our chat. It is available on Windows and Mac for free.
Big84
Orgasmanic Dude
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 03:14:27 AM »

Specifically, do you see anything that states "Flash has crashed" and is there an error code or description?

I will do what I can to answer these questions.

1. By inactive i mean... Basically Chat just shuts down.

2. The Picture I attached is what it looks like.  Hopefully you won't have a problem opening it.  If there is an issue I can probably downsize or something if i need to.  But the screen is just Grey and says "Plug-In Failure".

3. There is no error code or anything like that.  I tried to Google the issue and after searching some it seemed to revolve around Flash player some how.  Not really sure how.

4. To log back into Chat.  I have to close out of the window and open it again.  Of course I don't know when it will randomly crash again.  Could be a while or could happen in 10 seconds.  Of course logging in and out of Chat probably gets annoying for everyone so if it is Crashing a lot I just leave it alone.

* Plug-In_Failure.png (101.63 KB, 2560x1440 - viewed 147 times.)
PlayAngel16
Orgasmanic Babe
Orientation: Curious
Breast size: 36 C
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 08:03:06 AM »

I have been hearing about this second hand but so far not from anyone that experiences it directly. So thanks for this report and now I have questions for you!

In the meantime, a suggestion for anyone having this problem, is to try using the Chrome browser and see if that makes a difference. It is by far the most stable browser in our chat. It is available on Windows and Mac for free.
Chrome seems to be the issue for a lot of people to use anywhere, I suggest using maxthon browser, I have never had an issue with chat on MX but did with chrome. It's a smooth running browser and it's fast to load. Just a suggestion Smiley
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 12:23:04 PM »

"Chrome seems to be the issue for a lot of people to use anywhere"

I have lost count of how many folks over the years that I've helped to get chat working properly by having them try Chrome. It doesn't always solve the problem they are having, but it is absolutely worth a try.

"I suggest using maxthon browser"

Maxthon is a good browser and also worth a try.
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 02:13:02 PM »

Big84, perfect job answering those questions, thank you!

I have long been meaning to write a post about troubleshooting the problem of getting dumped from chat, since I have helped a lot of people with the problem. So here we go with the first draft.  Tongue

What is important to know is that "plugin failure" without an error code likely means there is more at play here than the Flash plug-in. When the Flash plug-in itself crashes, usually there will be an error code. Since you are not getting an error code, and you have made sure you have the latest Flash version, logically we have to consider Flash is not actual problem, but something else is.

There are other several other components involved in making chat work that could be at fault. Those other components are your browser, the chat software itself, your operating system, and your Internet connection (including the Wi-Fi portion). And just like troubleshooting a car, what's necessary is to use a process of elimination to isolate which component is causing the problem.

I will address these each in the order of importance (e.g. most likely to improve the situation for someone experiencing frequently getting dumped from chat).

Browser. This is the easiest thing to try and it often solves the issue.
1. Make sure your current browser is up to date. I assume it probably is.
2. Try a different browser. I suggest Chrome, because it has solved lots of chat problems for members over the years. Chrome has Flash built-in and is updated automatically. Also Chrome is one of the fastest browsers and faster browsers work better in our chat. For that reason I am less keen on Firefox, though its speed has improved lately, and I've had at least one member solve their problem with Firefox, when Chrome didn't work. So don't stop with Chrome if that doesn't help. Another good browser to try is Opera, and, as mentioned by PlayAngel, Maxthon.

Internet Connection:
This is probably the root cause of most people getting dumped from chat. Our chat is not very tolerant of poor Internet connections and it never has been. Again: this is not something new. What is new is that lately browsers are handling plug-ins differently, because of security issues. Previously when a member was dumped from chat, the browser would simply reload the plug-in and the chat login. Now, browsers do not automatically reload plug-ins, you have to do it yourself (as Big84 describes).

What I am saying here is we do not have a new problem going on, we have a new presentation of a known problem.

That said, the problem with Internet connections that cause people to be dumped from chat is not necessarily the speed of the connection, but the inconsistency of speed, sometimes called "jitter". People that do a lot of online gaming are likely familiar with this phenomena. If you have a lot of jitter in your Internet connection, you are likely to have problems in chat. Again, it is necessary to break down where the problem is. I already mentioned trying a different (faster) browser. A faster browser can compensate for the effects of Internet jitter and often it is enough to solve the problem. But sometimes it isn't. So here are the ways you can try to improve your Internet connection:

1. Reset your modem and router. This flushes memory in these devices and forces them to refresh with the latest routing tables from your ISP. Yes, this can fix getting dumped from chat!
2. If you are using a VPN, turn it off and see how things work. VPNs are notorious for causing people to get dumped out of chat.
3. A poor Wi-Fi connection is the other thing notorious for causing chat drop-outs. Several things you can try:
3a. Move closer to your wireless router and see if that makes a difference.
3b. Try bypassing your wireless entirely by using a LAN cable to plug your computer directly into your router/modem.
3c. If 3a or 3b helps it means you have a weak signal and/or interference. Get a program like "WiFi Analyzer" on your Android or iPhone phone and see if your Wi-Fi signal is colliding with a neighbor's signal (e.g. on the same channel). Change your channel to one that is unused if you can. If your signal is weak, get an external wireless adapter for your computer. The wireless built into laptops is often very poor, and a cheap external adapter can make a world of difference. (Example: https://goo.gl/lEJKwk).
4. Another thing to try is go someplace with good quality public wifi and see how chat works there. If it works good on the public Wi-Fi but poorly at home, go back to step 3.
5.  I am adding this for completeness. It does not apply to people experiencing the problem chronically. From time to time there are Internet slowdowns that can cause people to be dumped from chat. If suddenly lots of people are getting dumped frequently that is the likely cause. Fortunately these episodes do not last long as the Internet tends to get fixed quickly!

Operating system:
The big thing here is make sure you have no virus or malware. Flash is often the target of these sorts of things. If you are on a Mac, this is not likely to be the problem. Windows users should not skip this step!

The chat software:
It was last compiled a few years ago and has not changed since. Most people are not having problems with many, many hours of use. We no longer have the tools for compiling or debugging this software, so this component is locked in place. The only thing we can do is reboot the server, which already happens from time to time.

Let me know if any of this needs clarification or expansion.

Mani
Big84
Orgasmanic Dude
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 06:38:43 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions and tips. I will try out a new browser and see if that does the trick and then work things out from there.
FastEddie
Orgasmanic Dude
Cock size: Goldielocks said it was  "Juuuuuuust Riiiiight" LOL
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 02:28:03 AM »

Hey Mani,

Just to add another piece of info. I've been getting booted a bunch which started about 2-3 weeks ago. The error msg I am getting is "your browser has shut down due to a problem on the site".

That may not be the exact words but pretty close. I'll try to get the exact wording next time it happens.

This is happening on different routers and even in different countries. Doesn't make any difference.

I'll try your troubleshooting tips but unfortunately a different browser isn't an option.

Clicking on a cam will almost always mean an instant boot but after logging back on a time or two it seems to settle down.

Don't know if any of this helps but hope so.
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 12:56:33 PM »

Hey Mani,

Just to add another piece of info. I've been getting booted a bunch which started about 2-3 weeks ago. The error msg I am getting is "your browser has shut down due to a problem on the site".

That may not be the exact words but pretty close. I'll try to get the exact wording next time it happens.

This is happening on different routers and even in different countries. Doesn't make any difference.

I'll try your troubleshooting tips but unfortunately a different browser isn't an option.

Clicking on a cam will almost always mean an instant boot but after logging back on a time or two it seems to settle down.

Don't know if any of this helps but hope so.

Hi FastEddie,

This seems like a different problem than the randomly dumped from chat thing. I will look at the debug info you sent me in PM later today. But the crash on cam click part of it is immediate cause to run a thorough virus scan followed by a malware scan with the free version of MalwareBytes. https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Is anyone else experiencing the crash when they click on cams?

Mani
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: