* December 14, 2017, 05:10:34 AM
Register Login
News: Orgasmanic is 100% spam-free and popup-free! It's also 100% um... free! Join today for a great community experience!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author *Topic: Cam Not Working (Chrome & Opera)  (Read 3519 times)
ilikeitalot
Orgasm Explorer
Administrator
Titty fuck & cum!
Orientation: Curious
Cock size: 6=====>"
Re:
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 12:42:17 PM »

Before paying for an ssl cert, look at the let's encrypt project.

Thanks for the tip. I looked at this, but it appears to require quite a bit of command line stuff to get working. I'd rather not mess with that unless I had to, as my Linux skills are limited and I don't want to take a chance on breaking the site! I think I'll just add an SSL cert with my VPS host. I just checked and it would be $70 per year, so not TOO bad.
wyohardman
Orgasmanic Dude
Male
Orientation: Bi
Cock size: 6 inch cut
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 02:21:29 PM »

My logitechhd cam is not working, they say it is windows 10 anniversary update that is the problem, any help will be great I hate computers. thanks
Mani
Administrator
Orientation: Straight
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »

My logitechhd cam is not working, they say it is windows 10 anniversary update that is the problem, any help will be great I hate computers. thanks

If you're using Chrome or Opera, that's your actual problem, and hopefully it will be resolved when Ilikeitalot gets an SSL certificate for the site.
ilikeitalot
Orgasm Explorer
Administrator
Titty fuck & cum!
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 01:31:58 PM »

FYI, I am working on this. Looks like it will take a lot of work to make SSL work with this old forum software. Even if it seems to be working, certain parts of the site could be broken.
Because of that, I'm not going to worry about doing SSL for the forum part of the site right now -- only chat. Hoping to get this done today, but no guarantees. I'll give another update when I know more.

Update: Just found some references that say this chat software does not support SSL. If this is true, we could have a big problem.
hot.sexybabe50
Mistress of Music
Naughty Minx...
Breast size: 34C
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 02:24:37 PM »

FYI, I am working on this. Looks like it will take a lot of work to make SSL work with this old forum software. Even if it seems to be working, certain parts of the site could be broken.
Because of that, I'm not going to worry about doing SSL for the forum part of the site right now -- only chat. Hoping to get this done today, but no guarantees. I'll give another update when I know more.

Update: Just found some references that say this chat software does not support SSL. If this is true, we could have a big problem.

Oh noooo.... I logged into the chatroom earlier today as I haven't been in chat for a while... Google chrome no longer supports my cam I have learned.
I used Microsoft Edge which worked ... haven't tried the mic yet.

A strong woman loves who she is... Trusts her instincts... Speaks her mind... And doesn\'t take shit from anyone!!!!!
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »

For those who are now relying on Firefox, particularly on older Windows 7 or 8 systems, check and see if you are running the 32-bit or 64-bit version. I found I was running the 32-bit version and when I switched to 64-bit, chat started working MUCH better. (In particular, laggy cams are greatly improved, and, so far, no freezing!)

Here is an article on how to check which version of Firefox you are running, and how to switch to 64-bit :

How to switch to a 64-bit Firefox on Windows
https://blog.mozilla.org/nnethercote/2016/07/29/how-to-switch-to-a-64-bit-firefox-on-windows/

ps. Thanks to Bingspie for the heads-up on this!

Jschmoe7788
Orgasmanic Dude
Just Lil ol me
Male
Cock size: Never measured...no seriously.
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 03:23:33 PM »

Same thing happened to me but I thought maybe I had changed settings when I used a external cam vs built in. Hmm..

Oh noooo.... I logged into the chatroom earlier today as I haven't been in chat for a while... Google chrome no longer supports my cam I have learned.
I used Microsoft Edge which worked ... haven't tried the mic yet.
stroke2cum
Orgasmanic Dude
Male
Cock size: 8
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »

Chrome no longer supports flash, at all, more than likely the same case with Opera.  Choose another browser

Horny stroke stud 4 on-line fun
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »

Chrome no longer supports flash, at all, more than likely the same case with Opera.  Choose another browser

This is not true.

You can still login to our chat, which is Flash-based, with both Chrome and Opera, and you can still text chat and view cams and listen to people's mics. What you cannot do is broadcast your own cam or mic, and that has nothing to do with Flash, it has to do with the security settings of our chat.

Also: Tango is completely Flash-based, and it is still fully functional with both Chrome and Opera.

Bottom line: if a member wants to broadcast cam or mic in our chat, they need to use a browser other than Chrome or Opera. That's all that has changed.

Please do not spread misinformation as it makes the job of trying to help members access features on the site MUCH harder than it needs to be (and it's already hard enough).

Thanks for your cooperation.
flirtster
Orgasmanic Dude
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 04:13:16 PM »

So I have tested a couple of things.  Firefox allowed me to get into chat , but when I tried to start my cam, the whole window just locked up, and I had to just shut down the chat window.  I also uninstalled firefox 32, and then installed firefox 64 .. same result.  I am using Win 10 on ths laptop.
Chrome appears to start up the cam, and shows my cam icon in the chat window,  but the cam is just black .. no image.
Edge seems to work.  It took rather a long time to come up with the login screen, and I was about to give up, but it eventually showed up properly.  I could sign in to chat, and the cam seemed to work.  This was a pretty short test for edge, so I am not sure if it will be laggy, as it seemed when I was signing in ... but that's what I know so far.

For what it's worth.
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 04:57:14 PM »

Thanks Flirtster!

Firefox allowed me to get into chat , but when I tried to start my cam, the whole window just locked up, and I had to just shut down the chat window.  I also uninstalled firefox 32, and then installed firefox 64 .. same result.  I am using Win 10 on ths laptop.

I helped a someone get their cam going with Firefox yesterday - and her cam quality was excellent! I don't know what OS she has or if it was 32 or 64 bit Firebox. And as I mentioned above, Firefox works for me, on Windows 7.

Chrome appears to start up the cam, and shows my cam icon in the chat window,  but the cam is just black .. no image.

Yes, that is the symptom of Chrome not allowing our chat to access cams. You may have also noticed you did not get the cam permission popup.

Edge seems to work.  It took rather a long time to come up with the login screen, and I was about to give up, but it eventually showed up properly.  I could sign in to chat, and the cam seemed to work.  This was a pretty short test for edge, so I am not sure if it will be laggy, as it seemed when I was signing in ... but that's what I know so far.

Since it's working for both you and HSB, it sounds like there is possibly a good alternative readily available for Windows 10 users.  Thumbs up
ilikeitalot
Orgasm Explorer
Administrator
Titty fuck & cum!
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »

For now, anyone wanting to cam should use Edge. You can also try Firefox, as it should work. For those wanting to just chat or watch, Chrome and Opera will still work fine.

I don't want to go thru the time and expense of configuring SSL without knowing if it will work. I have pinged the developers of our chat software to ask about that. Development of the chat seems to have died years ago (the last version to come out was back in May 2013), so they may not even answer me. But if they say it will work, I will get that done.

At some point, as Flash gets less supported (and blocked more), ALL Flash-based applications will stop working, but we can push that out as long as possible with workarounds. I will look for a better chat solution, but not sure if there's anything available that's a good fit for us. Ultimately, we need to move to a chat solution that works via HTML5, rather than Flash. If anyone knows of something that's worth looking at, please let me know.
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 07:42:57 PM »

Another browser option that works 100% in chat: the Maxthon browser.

http://www.maxthon.com

I forgot who mentioned to me, whoever it was, thanks!  Thumbs up

Addendum: I used Maxthon in chat a couple of hours last might. I got dropped once (not frozen or crashed, just dropped out, back to the login window and then it automatically logged me back in).  After that it worked very well with no hiccups.
« Mani fucked with this post August 13, 2017, 01:23:22 PM » Logged
hot.sexybabe50
Mistress of Music
Naughty Minx...
Breast size: 34C
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 10:46:54 AM »

JUST SHARING....

So ok.. I have used Google Chrome for the longest time without any problems with cam in chat or tango, now the cam part alone does not work in the chatroom as we all know, but yet works in Tango.
Microsoft Edge works well for me in the chatroom with the cam coming on.
But here's my other problem... Microsoft Edge won't allow me in tango now... Arrrgggggggg Angry
MANI  HELP!!!!!!!   .... what would work in tango as well as the chatroom without any problems... and bear in mind, I am not a computer whiz here.
I have an ASUS laptop.... Windows 10... This is driving me nuts.... Angry
Ok I am gonna download Firefox and see if that works for both tango and chat... will get back to u Smiley

OK UPDATE...
I downloaded Firefox... cam will work in both chat and tango but not at the same time... it's either or and there's a delay... if u leave chat and click on main ur cam freezes in the room until u get back..
« hot.sexybabe50 fucked with this post August 14, 2017, 12:54:22 PM » Logged

A strong woman loves who she is... Trusts her instincts... Speaks her mind... And doesn\'t take shit from anyone!!!!!
Mani
Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 12:54:33 PM »

Ugh. I can confirm SexyBabe's poor results with Firefox when trying to use chat and Tango simultaneously.

But I have GOOD news!  Thumbs up

Maxthon browser allows simultaneous camming in chat and Tango, and it stays nice and responsive while doing so!

http://www.maxthon.com

Caution: I haven't found an ad-blocker for Maxthon, be very careful when clicking external links!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

©Orgasmanic 2017. All rights reserved.